Sport is a very important part of our life. Sports quotes always make us motivated and mentally strong on how to play in the ground. We should always encourage our players because they are very special persons in our society. If you need sports quotes then we are giving you the best collection of sports quotes. This is the right place for you if you are finding sports quotes. Famous Sports Quotes, Team Sports Quotes, Short Sports Quotes.
READ ALSO: 138 Professional Season’s Greetings Messages
- I am going to go out a winner if I have to find a high school race to win my last race.
- We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment.
- In the field of sports, you are more or less accepted for what you do rather than what you are.
- Every sport pretends to a literature, but people don’t believe it of any other sport but their own.
- Suffering is the sole origin of consciousness. Sports Quotes
- Work while you work; play while you play.
- We live by encouragement and die without it — slowly, sadly, angrily.
- The most-honored ancestors of your matriarch besmirched the season of the orange blossom.
- Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.
- I don’t know anything that builds the will to win better than competitive sports.
- The only way to overcome is to hang in. Even I’m starting to believe that.
- I really lack the words to compliment myself today.
- Besides pride, loyalty, discipline, heart, and mind, confidence is the key to all the locks.
- Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true. Sports Quotes
- If you train hard, you’ll not only be hard, you’ll be hard to beat.
- Set your goals high, and dont stop till you get there.
Team Sports Quotes
- “I love the Olympics because they enable people from all over the world to come together and–regardless of their political or cultural differences–accuse each other of cheating.” ―
- “Many people say I’m the best women’s soccer player in the world. I don’t think so. And because of that, someday I just might be.” ―
- “When I was in high school I asked myself at one point: “Why do I care if my high school’s team wins the football game? I don’t know anybody on the team, they have nothing to do with me… why am I here and applaud? It does not make any sense.” But the point is, it does make sense: It’s a way of building up irrational attitudes of submission to authority and group cohesion behind leadership elements. In fact, it’s training in irrational jingoism. That’s also a feature of competitive sports.” ―
- “Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps.” ―
- “If you want to find the real competition, just look in the mirror. After a while you’ll see your rivals scrambling for second place.” ―
- “With a hint of good judgment, to fear nothing, not failure or suffering or even death, indicates that you value life the most. You live to the extreme; you push limits; you spend your time building legacies. Those do not die.” ―
- “Some seek the comfort of their therapist’s office, other head to the corner pub and dive into a pint, but I chose running as my therapy.” ―
- “In the dust of defeat as well as the laurels of victory there is a glory to be found if one has done his best.” ―
Famous Sports Quotes
- Most games are lost, not won.
- We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.
- With the money I’m making, I should be playing two positions.
- The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.
- Professional wrestling’s most mysterious hold is on its audience.
- Practice as if you are the worst, perform as if you are the best.
- If at first you dont succeed, you are running about average.
- It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.
- Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. Sports Quotes
- If it wasn’t for baseball, I’d be in either the penitentiary or the cemetery.
- Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated.
- I have never been afraid to fail.
- When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
- The strength of the group is the strength of the leaders.
- The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.
Sports Quotes About Life
- Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. – Michael Jordan
- “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” ―
- Most people give up just when they’re about to achieve success. They quit on the one-yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown – Ross Perot
- If you train hard, you’ll not only be hard, you’ll be hard to beat. – Herschel Walker
- Winners never quit and quitters never win. – Vince Lombardi
- The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination. Sports Quotes
- Pain is only temporary but victory is forever. – Jeremy H
- “Running isn’t a sport for pretty boys…It’s about the sweat in your hair and the blisters on your feet. It’s the frozen spit on your chin and nausea in your gut. It’s about throbbing calves and cramps at midnight that is strong enough to wake the dead. It’s about getting out the door and running when the rest of the world is only dreaming about having the passion that you need to live each and every day with. It’s about being on a lonely road and running like a champion even when there’s not a single soul in sight to cheer you on. Running is all about having the desire to train and persevere until every fiber in your legs, mind, and heart is turned to steel. And when you’ve finally forged hard enough, you will have become the best runner you can be. And that’s all that you can ask for.” ―
- To uncover your true potential you must first find your own limits and then you have to have the courage to blow past them. – Picabo Street
- Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard. – Unknown
- You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get. – Michael Phelps
- I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion. – Muhammed Ali
- Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you. – Arnold Palmer = Sports Quotes
- Even when you’ve played the game of your life, it’s the feeling of teamwork that you’ll remember. You’ll forget the plays, the shots, and the scores, but you’ll never forget your teammates. – Deborah Miller Palmore
- “The problem with winter sports is that — follow me closely here — they generally take place in winter.” ―
- If you only ever give 90% in training then you will only ever give 90% when it matters – Michael Owen
- The principle is competing against yourself. It’s about self-improvement, about being better than you were the day before. – Steve Young.
CHECK OUT: Good Luck Quotes, Messages
Inspirational Sports Quotes
- “Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.” – John Wooden
- “Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts”. – Dan Gable
- “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan. Sports Quotes
- “Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” – Dan Gable
- People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses or the problems of modern society. – Vince Lombardi
- “The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it”. – Lou Holtz
- “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” – Derek Jeter
- Don’t give up at half-time. Concentrate on winning the second half. – Paul Bear Bryant
- “Never give up! Failure and rejection are only the first step to succeeding.” – Jim Valvano
- “The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe that you might block every shot.” – Bill Russell
- Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them. A desire, a dream, a vision. – Muhammad Ali – Sports Quotes
- The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made. – Tim Duncan
- “We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.” – Vince Lombardi
- An athlete cannot run with money in his pockets. He must run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head. – Emil Zatopek
TRENDING: Romantic Quotes for Him
Funny Sports Quotes
- “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billie Jean King
- “Wisdom is always an overmatch for strength.” – Phil Jackson
- “Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row.” – Vitas Gerulaitis, upon beating Jimmy Connors after losing their previous 16 matches.
- “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed.I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life.” – Arthur Ashe
- “I’m like tax. You’re going to pay one way or the other.” – Shaquille O’Neal – Sports Quotes
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
- “It’s not the will to win that matters — everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.” – Paul “Bear” Bryant
- “Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the house in blackjack.” – Adam Morrow
- “I’ve got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.” – Larry Bird
- “One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than 50 preaching it.” – Knute Rockne – Sports Quotes
- “Sometimes the coaches tell me to be selfish, but my game won’t let me be selfish.” – Lebron James
- “A man has to have goals – for a day, for a lifetime – and that was mine, to have people say, “There goes Ted Williams, the greatest hitter who ever lived.” – Ted Williams
HOT: New Month Messages
Famous Sports Quotes, Messages, and Greetings: Sport pertains to any form of competitive physical activity or game that aims to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing enjoyment to participants and, in some cases, entertainment to spectators. Sports can, through casual or organized participation, improve one’s physical health.
Hundreds of sports exist, from those between single contestants, through to those with hundreds of simultaneous participants, either in teams or competing as individuals. In certain sports such as racing, many contestants may compete, simultaneously or consecutively, with one winner; in others, the contest (a match) is between two sides, each attempting to exceed the other.
Some sports allow a “tie” or “draw”, in which there is no single winner; others provide tie-breaking methods to ensure one winner and one loser. A number of contests may be arranged in a tournament producing a champion.
Many sports leagues make an annual champion by arranging games in a regular sports season, followed in some cases by playoffs. Below is a collection of the best and famous sports quotes for sports teams and clubs, Sports Quotes About Confidence, Inspirational Sports Quotes, Funny Sports Quotes